Creating space! At some point every player has to create space and the highly effective step back is footwork that can help. In order to use the step back footwork players need to:
1. Drive as though they are going to the rim
2. Plant hard and push off one foot
3. Land on two feet with balance
The mid-range game! What a great skill to have in your game. This footwork, the quick 1,2 stop, will allow players to work that one dribble jumper add another offensive skill to their game. Remember to:
1. Rip the ball or attack the defense off the dribble as if you were driving to the rim
2. Hard, powerful dribble
3. Quick 1,2 with your feet to stop quickly and on balance.
The Quick Hop or ball in the air - feet in the air is another great way to get your feet and body in position to take a shot or make a play. It is good to use on post feed relocations, hand-offs, or cutting from tough, sharp angles. Remember to:
1. Push off one foot and land on two feet
2. The feet should quickly slide right above the court and land on balance for a shot or playmaking opportunity.
Player Development Coach