We love to teach, train, and coach basketball players.
Our programs are meant to prepare players for their next level. Wherever that level is for them.
Besides the basketball skills and drills; two benefits our training really focuses on:
2. Ability to overcome failure or struggle or hard
All players go through it. At some point they need to overcome something. At some point they are really confident and some point the confidence might be rattled.
Even if you are the best player on the team or the last player off the bench there are times we need more confidence and times we need to overcome a challenge.
Finish the season strong.
Middle Drive Series from the Slot
Purpose of this was to work with the athlete on driving middle from the slot. Attacking the rim and paint.
1. Scissor dribble - Right Hand Layup - Make 3
2. Scissor dribble - Glide Dribble - Right Hand Layup - Make 3
3. Slot Middle Drive - Right Hand Layup - Make 3
4. Scissor dribble - Pullback Dribble - Right Hand Layup - Make 3
5. Slot Middle Drive - Pullback Dribble - Right Hand Layup - Make 3
6. Scissor Dribble - Pullback - Jumper - Make 3
7. Slot Middle Drive - Jumper - Make 3
Repeat Right Side
Between Left Side and Right Side. Make 10 jumpers - 15 to 17 feet Random spots - Shooter moves and chooses
Scoring in the post can be important.
I would say it is important.
Things that stand out to me about these post up scores from the left block:
1. How he gets to the block. Quick powerful burst to get position. Uses his whole body.
2. Simplicity of the moves. Seal - catch - turn and score. Turning the feet, hips, and shoulders to get right with the basket.
Not everyone is physically as big or strong, but all players can use quick burst and simple moves to make things happen for the team.
Player Development Coach