It is late in the season. The team has a place in the league, the conference, the state, and teammates have secured their rotation or contributions to the team all season long. You have too!
Each player has a skill that will or can benefit the team. If you use that skill correctly- if you believe in it - you will be able to use it. The opportunity to use it will be clear.
Some how that skill, if used correctly and passionately, will allow you to help the team on this final push to close out the season.
If it is screening - screen; if it is rebounding - rebound; if it is defense - defend, but use that skill and you will help the team be it's best. You will be apart of something bigger and that will be special.
As we continue with the FOOTWORK SERIES here is another way to use your feet to gain an advantage.
1. Drive as though you are going to score - attack the basket
2. Quickly stop by reaching your foot out to stop
3. Snapping the ball under your leg
P.S. See an NBA point guard use this footwork at the end of the video.
Also, take a look at the entire footwork series by scrolling down in the blog or visiting all the videos by clicking here.
Being quick is about being efficient and effective with your footwork. The Same Side Step Back is a great way to stop quickly, create space, and make the right play. Key teaching points:
1. Drive to score. Sell the drive like you are going to the rim
2. Reach out the same foot as the hand you are dribbling in
3. Shoulders out over that leg
4. Hard pound dribble to help stop
Watch below to see the steps.
Player Development Coach