Final move of the week is the Jump Hook No Dribble.
Quick and efficient move in the post to score over defenders.
Again whether you are a guard or a big, being able to score in the post is an effective way to score in the paint and at the rim.
Keep shooting the three and finishing at the rim. But add a post move to your game and use it when the opportunity to comes.
This is an advanced post move and score.
The player does three things really well to create this scoring opportunity.
1. Looks middle with his eyes on the catch. In all of these videos the players have looked middle to read the defense.
2. Uses the dribble to get to his spot or closer to his spot and get some rhythm.
3. Separates with the last bump and jump away from the defender to create space.
A high level scoring move, but effective if players have the strength and skills to go with it.
This is a quick and effective way for players to score in the post at the rim.
Watch as the player does three things to make the move and score.
1. Eyes to the middle on the catch. Every post move has started with this simple yet highly important part of the moves
2. Spins Off the Defender. Uses their contact to make the move more effective and quick
3. Jumps out to the basket. Not really jumping up at all, but more out towards the basket to get the shot off quickly.
Remember, any player can score in the post.
If you are a player looking to add any scoring moves to your game check out a skills training memberships or programs.
As former college coaches and players we are looking to help players add the skills to their game that will allow them to make plays.
Player Development Coach