Today, in day 4 of our 5-day mini-course, we're going to discuss FINDING YOUR WHY to your best season ever.
FIND YOUR WHY
Athletes lose their way when they lose their why. How many times have we seen that come true?
One of the most important aspects of achieving the goals you set is to get deeply connected with your motivations. You can unleash a powerful source of personal motivation by taking five actions:
1. Identify your key motivations. You need to answer the following questions for every goal: Why is this goal important to me? What is at stake if I don't reach my goal? What is at stake if I do reach the goal?
2. Record those key motivations. I recommend you make a bulleted list of five to seven key motivations for each goal.
3. Prioritize your key motivations. As you look at the list of motivations you created, which ones resonate most deeply with you emotionally? Put the goal at the top of your list.
4. Connect with your key motivations. It is critical to connect with your motivations intellectually and emotionally. You need to understand and feel what is at stake.
5. Review you key motivations regularly. In the same way that I recommend you review your goals, you need to review your motivations on a regular basis. Keep a notebook.
Tomorrow, in the final installment of this course, we'll take an in-depth look at HOW TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.
You won't want to miss it,
Player Development Coach