Awesome job! You are almost finished preparing yourself to achieve more than you ever imagined in the next season. The only thing that stands between you and your goals is getting started. This is the most important part of making this your best season ever.
FOLLOW THESE SEVEN STEPS:
1. Get off your but: Don't let your circumstances become an excuse. For example, I would love to BE A MAJOR CONTRIBUTOR ON VARSITY THIS SEASON BUT_____.
2. Don't overthink it: Extensive planning can often be a fancy way to procrastinate. Instead, get started and you'll figure out things along the way.
3. Chunk down your goals. In order to reach your goals, you just need to take the next action, then the next. When you think about your goals, break them down into bite-size chunks until you have gone the whole distance.
4. Get in on your calendar: If you're like most people, if it doesn't get on your schedule, it doesn't get done. You won't accomplish your goals in the leftover time, because most of us don't have any.
5. Honor your commitments: Take your goals seriously. Think of them as your solemn commitment to change and then honor them accordingly.
6. Maintain forward momentum: Each action you take builds momentum toward your goal. I recommend that you schedule time to work on you goals, possibly first thing in the morning when you have the smallest chance of getting distracted.
7. Celebrate your wins: If you don't celebrate your wins along the way, you'll lose the energy you need to reach the finish line. Make it a point to include those closest to you when you celebrate.
That wraps up 5 DAYS TO THE BEST SEASON EVER.
If you're interested in HAVING THE BEST SEASON EVER be sure to check out our 5 Days to the Best Season Ever Workbook here.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions by replying to this email.
Player Development Coach