"We want to distill what we we learned in the past into wisdom so it can be used in the future."
Again, you are committed to learning from you past basketball season and preparing confidently for the this off-season as well as the next season so you can improve.
Below are 5 questions to bring closure to the past season. Each question is designed to help you examine what happened, what you want to repeat, and what you never want to do again.
Take your time! Write the answers down and give your most honest responses to each question.
1. During the past basketball season what were two or three major recurring themes?
2. What did you accomplish this past basketball season that you were proud of?
3. What disappointments or regrets did you experience this past basketball season?
4. As you look back, what was missing from this past basketball season?
5. What were the major lessons you learned from this past basketball season?
Once you answer these questions you can start to formulate a plan for moving forward and preparing appropriately for the next basketball opportunity.
Player Development Coach