We would love your feedback about what is most important to you as the coach? Totally anonymous feedback.
Rank the characteristics.
The flare screen is a great way to get open shots.
Watch these two clips.
One is a flare screen at the top of the key and the other flare screen happens on the wing. Both flares screens result in good reads by the offensive player.
1. Flare screen one shows the defender going under which allows the shooter lots of time to get the shot off.
2. This flare screen happens on the wing with the defender still going under, but able to contest the shot. So the offensive players shot fakes and drives hard.
Both screens the offensive player shows two good things:
1. Moves without the ball to get in the right spot for the shot.
2. Reads the defense correctly to make the good read.
Watch as this player comes off a Pin Down to hit a 3 pointer. Really does 3 things to get open:
1. Set's up the defender. Slowly. Not in a hurry at all.
2. Burst off the screen. Change of speed without the ball is a separator.
3. Meets the pass. Runs all the way to the ball to allow farther separation from the defender.
Player Development Coach