Everyone can play defense.
This clip shows a team and individual players playing solid man-to-man defense.
Three tips to a good defensive stance and playing good defense.
1. Active feet and knees bent. All of the defenders are moving their feet and ready to react.
2. Hands out. Shows the referees where their hands are.
3. One arm length. When guarding the ball they are 1 arm length away and they show that while guarding the offensive player. This allows them to contest shots. Playing good D means players can help the team.
Big takeaway from this is at the end.
Shooting Progression Off the Cut
1. Slide or Sprint Step to cone. Then cut for the shot
2. Add defense. Defense is physical with offense to make them work to cone. Then cut for the shot. Defense stays
3. Add defense. Defense is physical with offense to make them work to the cone. At the cut defense gives offense a head start, but then trails to contest shot.
4. Live offense versus defense with the choice to go either direction.
Player Development Coach